Our boys, our families (20th Jan 2015). William Henry Feldon. In Website Our boys, our families. Retrieved 22nd Nov 2018 07:26, from https://ourboys.recollect.co.nz/nodes/view/5221
William Henry Feldon (1871-1945) was born at Oxford, England and trained in sculpture and carving.
He and his family immigrated to New Zealand in 1910. Examples of his work at that time include the carvings on Auckland's Town Hall, carvings on St Paul's Church in Symonds Street and those on the Auckland Magistrates Court.
Feldon had earlier served as a officer in the Sussex Regiment and at the onset of the First World War he was appointed Commandant at Motuihe German Internment Camp. He was later promoted to Brigade Major, Auckland Infantry and twice went to Egypt as travelling Quartermaster on troop ships. After the War he returned to his profession as scultptor with a studio in Victoria Street Auckland.
He is responsible for a variety of memorials, including Te Arawa Memorial, Rotorua, Matakana (both these featured King George V), Earl Jellicoe and Sir Joseph Ward, Invercargill, Auckland Children's Hospital and Helensville District memorials.