Built in 1911, the Warkworth Town Hall is registered as a category 1 Historic Place under the Historic Places Act. It is the only remaining well preserved example of a civic building built with glazed hollow stoneware bricks. The salt-glazing process used was developed by pioneering ceramic company R.O.Clark Ltd.
In 2015 the Auckland Council is completely renovating the building.
During the First World War, the Hall was a meeting place for the local community and events were held here to both farewell and welcome home soldiers from the district.