The "Jane Gifford" moored at Warkworth, 2015. Photographer: Carolyn Skelton.
Date Opened11 November 1921Location2 Hexham Street, WarkworthGeotag Warkworth War Memorial to the left of band rotunda viewed from Church Street.
Originally sited on Elizabeth Street, this granite obelisk in memory of the First World War was delivered by the sailing scow Jane Gifford in time for Armistice Day 1921. The memorial was unveiled in 1922 and was moved to its present position in 1934.
Local veterans today gather here on Anzac Day and march down to the RSA Club to be joined by members of the public.