Places or Organisation: St Paul's War Memorial Tram Shelter
St Paul's War Memorial Tram Shelter, 'Sir George Grey Special Collections, Auckland Libraries, 1-W1825'
A stone tram shelter was erected in front of St Paul's Anglican Church, Symonds Street, in memory of the men and women of the parish who lost their lives during the First World War. The shelter was designed by architect Daniel Patterson, and opened 28 March 1920. In 1971 the shelter was demolished due to vandalism and no longer being needed as a tram shelter. The memorial stones were placed within the church grounds.
The Tram Shelter index database is searchable by name, and includes information such as cause of death, date enlisted and next-of-kin. It was compiled from information transcribed from a list of names relating to the shelter, and comes from a file held by Auckland Diocesan Archives.