Object: Memorial Stained Glass Window, All Saints Anglican Church
Memorial Stained Glass Window, All Saints Anglican Church, Birkenhead Point
North Auckland Research Centre (Auckland Libraries)
The memorial stained glass window was unveiled and dedicated on Sunday 2 January 1921 by the Anglican Bishop of Auckland Dr A W Averill. The memorial window at St John the Baptist Anglican Church on Northcote Point was unveiled on the same day. The window at All Saints represents Christ crowning a warrior. At each corner are the words "Gallipoli", "Egypt", "France" and "Belgium" in gold lettering. The window is located above the altar.
Auckland Libraries Heritage Images database has three photographs of the interior of the church showing the window in the January 1929, including this. The photographs were taken by James Richardson.